Naruto Online, the turn-based MMORPG browser game that follows and goes beyond the story of the Naruto anime will be launching in PCs in the West on the 20th July.
Announced by publishers Oasis Games it’s officially licensed from Bandai Namco Entertainment and will feature five brand new characters which players will be able to select, each one representing the element of earth, water, fire, wind, or lightning. Characters from the Naruto universe can also be called upon to engage in battle and will be voiced by their original actors from the show.
The game will feature iconic locations such as the Valley of the End and Village Hidden in the Sand as well as the following:
- Based entirely on the NARUTO Anime Story Line: NARUTO ONLINE currently features 9 chapters of the Naruto storyline for players to go through and explore, featuring all the familiar locations such as the Village Hidden in the Sand and the Valley of the End—the story will continue only in NARUTO ONLINE.
- Relive key scenes from the series with the original voice actors in person: Details such as the original voices of the characters and in-game usage of the series’ scenes will make NARUTO fans instantly familiar with game, entering the world they know from the series.
- Establish your own Ninja Team: Player can recruit their favorite ninjas and fight together with them. All of the ninjas are modelled after characters from the series so as to seamlessly fit in the game world.
- Combo Fighting System: Match the ninjas in your team, making use of the Naruto Bonds-system which can greatly enhance your team’s fighting abilities and manifest groundbreaking combos.
- Gameplay Modes: From Single Player mode to Multi-player dungeons, giant Worldboss battles and battlefields, the game features tons of ways of gaining EXP, obtaining new items and equipment while enhancing your characters and their outfit on the way.
- Ready to play right away : No downloads required, users can create an account in under a minute and start playing right away.
For more on the game, head over to the official site here.