September 24th – 25th and October 15th will see the sixth Kotatsu Japanese Animation Festival take place in Cardiff and Aberystwyth in Wales respectively, screening anime films which include Psycho-Pass The Movie and The Case of Hana & Alice.
According to the press release, ‘Running alongside the film screenings are a series of Japanese-themed events such as a special music performance and a Japanese market place which sells food, model kits, video games and manga. Just before the final film screening the results of the annual raffle will be announced with prizes such as film flyers signed by Michiko Suwa, the producer of the extremely popular Detective Conan anime series, on offer.’
At the Chapter cinema in Cardiff, the event schedule is as follows:
Saturday 24th Sept.
- 10:30 a.m. – Miss Hokusai
- 12:50 p.m. – The Case of Hana & Alice
- 5:30 p.m. – Kina Miyamoto concert
- 6:30 p.m. – Genius Party
- 8:50 p.m. – Psycho-Pass The Movie
Sunday 25th Sept.
- 11:00 a.m. – The Anthem of the Heart
- 3:15 p.m. – Harmony
- 5:45 p.m. – Empire of Corpses (main picture)
At the Aberystwyth Arts Centre in Aberystwyth, the event schedule is as follows:
Sunday 15th October
- 10:40 a.m. – Genius Party and Kotatsu Shorts Programme
- 01:10 p.m. – The Case of Hana & Alice
- 3:20 p.m. – Harmony
- 5:45 p.m. – Raffle Prize Draw
- 6 p.m. – Psycho Pass The Movie
According to their website, the Kotatsu Japanese Animation Festival was created by organizer Mrs Eiko Ishii Meredith. Launched in November 2010 at Chapter Arts Centre in Cardiff, UK, the festival screens the best in Japanese animation and culture to a wide audience.