A free to download PS4 demo has hit the PSN Store for the upcoming Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA title hitting in September. Along with the demo, a new exclusive content trailer (PS4 and Steam) has been published introducing a host of things.
The trailer (below) introduces a new difficulty, Inferno mode, a deeper story line of Dana’s past, new dungeons introducing never-before seen monsters, and two new forms for Dana, Luminous & Gratika, that changes her battle attribute.
Releasing on the PS4,PS Vita and Steam the game will be released on the 15th September in Europe but a few days earlier on the 12th September in North America. Publishers NIS America have revealed that the physical copy of the day one edition will only be made available for the PS4 and includes:
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA – Select Soundtrack – (5 tracks)
- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA – Art Booklet – 32-page full colored art book
PS4 Day One Edition
Ys returns with a brand new adventure for the first time in 8 years! Adol awakens shipwrecked and stranded on a cursed island. There, he and the other shipwrecked passengers he rescues form a village to challenge fearsome beasts and mysterious ruins on the isolated island. Amidst this, Adol begins to dream of a mysterious blue-haired maiden living in an unknown world. Join Adol as he unravels the riddle of the cursed isle and the blue-haired maiden Dana in Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA!
- An Epic Tale – Follow Adol on his latest adventure and uncover the mysteries of the cursed island.
- Party On! – Change your playable character on-the-fly as you battle ferocious foes in lighting-fast combat.
- Another Side – Unravel the mystery of the blue-haired maiden Dana through her unique gameplay sections.
- It Takes a Village! – Rescue your fellow shipwrecked passengers and bring them to your village where they will provide valuable services.
For more, you can visit the official site here.