Next month sees the 31st Leeds International Film Festival (LIFF) take place from 1-16th November at venues including Leeds Town Hall, Hyde Park Picture House, Vue at the Light and City Varieties. The festival will include manga and anime related screenings which include Perfect Blue and the live-action version of Tokyo Ghoul.
Describing itself as an “epic celebration of global filmmaking culture, with an incredible choice of film experiences for everyone”, it will feature everything from horror to anime with over 300 events across the 16 days.
Sunday 5th November will play host to an event titled “Animation Sunday” (tickets here) taking place in the Victoria Hall which as well as non anime related films will hold screenings of the following anime:
- Lu over the wall – 11:00 a.m.
- Mutafakaz – 6:15 p.m.
- Perfect Blue – 8:00 p.m.
Individual screenings for the above films will also be held on the following dates:
- 8th November: Perfect Blue at 1:15 p.m., Mutafakaz at 6:00 p.m.
- 11th November: Lu over the wall at 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 12th November will see the “Manga Movie Marathon” kick into gear (tickets here) at the Victoria Hall and includes:
- The Mole Song: Hong Kong Capriccio – 11:00 a.m.
- Live-action version of Tokyo Ghoul – 1:45 p.m. (trailer below)
- Live-action film JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable – 4:30 p.m.
- Live-action version of Blade of the Immortal – 7:30 p.m. (also shown on 15th Nov at 3:00 p.m.)